Formed in 1993 the Ground Forum recognises the need for the Chairpersons of ground related bodies to meet on a regular basis to co-ordinate activities, communicate and co-operate in areas of shared involvement.
The Ground Forum provides a single point of contact for ground related industries and for government and official bodies, giving the geotechnical profession a voice within the construction industry.
Regular meetings facilitate dialogue between learned societies and trade associations to identify emerging issues.
This allows the interests of the geotechnical community to be aligned in order to promote the sector, enhance awareness of the ground and heighten the profile of ground engineering in the construction industry.
The interests of the Ground Forum members are:-
Promoting best practice in all aspects of ground engineering
- Education and training
- Technical meetings & conference
- Technical standards & codes of practice
- Contaminated land development
- Driller training and qualification
- Plant safety
- Electronic transfer of geotechnical data
- Site investigation best practice
- Laboratory testing of soils, rocks and construction materials
- Conditions of contract
- Commercial, legal and insurance issues