Welcome to the Ground Forum website.
The Ground Forum is the ‘umbrella’ body for the ground engineering sector. Ground Forum brings together five Learned Societies and four Trade Associations which collectively represent most construction-related ground engineering disciplines and gives the industry a single voice.
The Ground Forum exists to:
- Provide an effective point of communication between Member Organisations
- Enhance the profile of the ground engineering industry
- Raise youth awareness of the satisfaction and rewards of a career in ground engineering
- Promote good practice in all ground related disciplines
- Enhance training through CPD
- Promote the value of good ground engineering and geotechnics
- Lobby the government and other construction organisations on issues of concern for the ground engineering sector
From lobbying the Government to ensure infrastructure spending is maintained through to addressing the status of valued European employees and maintaining UK access to skilled operatives and professionals.
The Ground Forum has and ongoing focus on maintaining Ground Engineers on the Government’s shortage of occupations list.
We are concerned with ensuring the industry maintains its access to expertise and well trained graduates.
We are currently reviewing proposals to expand RoGEP to highly skilled site operatives and mutually recognise oversees schemes.